Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Congratulations to Evanescence!!

  1. #1
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar
    Woo hoo!! I didn't realise this but they went straight in at #1 on Sunday with their debut single Bring Me To Life here in the UK charts!

    Congratulations to them!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    _________________

    Janie xx

  2. #2
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    WTG Evananscense

    GAHHHHH!!! I can NEVER type their name right. [img]mad.gif[/img]

    *tries again*

    Evansescence

    Crap!!!

    Evanesence?

    Yep, yep! - got it!!! Woo Hoo! WTG Me! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    LOL none of those spellings are right Terry [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Repeat after me: E-V-A-N-E-S-C-E-N-C-E [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Janie xx

  4. #4
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    [img]redface.gif[/img] Crap!!!

    Bah!

    *types v-e-r-y carefully* Evanescence! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Bloody hell - why did they choose such a difficult name??? [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] lol

  5. #5
    BarbT
    Guest BarbT's Avatar

    Post

    I have heard of them mainly due to posts on the forums but know nothing about them or their music.

    In fact I'm so behind I read my first story about Placebo today, because they were in the newspaper!

    <font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ June 12, 2003 10:16 AM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

  6. #6
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    Barb if you want to get a feel of their music and see their video for this song, then go here:

    http://evanescence.com/music/index.html

    It's quite gothic type rock but melodic at the same time [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Janie xx

  7. #7
    Inactive Member DarrensAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,540
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ya know I liked that song the first couple of times I heard but now I can't turn on the TV or radio without hearing it [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Lainbrain
    Guest Lainbrain's Avatar

    Post

    Same here Oni

    I like it and the lyrics I can totally relate to but It really depresses me when I listen to it.

    So if I hear it and just tune out most of the meaning of the song I'm fine.

    I think its a brilliant song but it is very overplayed. Almost every hour it seems to be on the roatation along with jewels song.

  9. #9
    BarbT
    Guest BarbT's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks Janie [img]smile.gif[/img] I shall wander off in a minute and check out the link.

    In the meantime I asked the girls if they've heard of them.....both answered very quickly and loudly...Cr*p! I guess they haven't made an impression on my young ladies [img]wink.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    BarbT
    Guest BarbT's Avatar

    Post

    Well I managed to listen to a little bit before I got sick of the buffering....grrrr!

    My initial reaction was sounds rather like Roxette.

    Apparently if I watch video hits tomorrow [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] I'll be able to see it because it's in the top 20 (so the girls inform me)....luckily Kristy has tap dancing, lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •